Friday, December 6, 2013

FIFTY-FIFTY



As I prepare this post it is -3 degrees outside. The forecast high is for zero. Molly is none to eager to go out and neither am I. She doesn't do boredom well. I shall be up and down more than once to rescue a shoe, boot or piece of kindling before I am finished here.

Under the circumstances I suppose it would be more appropriate to choose a photograph from my "The Beauty of Ice" collection but this image, for some reason, struck my fancy instead. I call it "FIFTY FIFTY" because half of it looks like a photograph whilst the other looks like a painting. To my eye it creates a wonderful contrast.

One of the things that so infatuates me about what I do is that often the images I am able to present I really never saw coming.  I wish I could say I was so clever but it would be untrue. Often, I only truly become aware once the images are downloaded. The camera is the clever one. It can bring life to a screeching halt and show the eye things it would never be able to register on it's own. It's quite exciting.

On an emotional level, this image moves me Fifty-Fifty. It makes me happy and sad. Crystal clear water like this is the way Mother Nature intended it to be. Here at the ranch I have a beautiful creek. Any time I want I can lie down on my belly and drink right from it. That simple act is so very precious to me. It's an honor and a privileged very few on our planet will ever experience. How sad is that?

Pinkham Creek, Kootenai National Forest, NW Montana

To follow by e-mail use the box form top right. 


©Kinsey Barnard

No comments:

Post a Comment