Tuesday, December 10, 2013

TWO MEDICINE




On the way to Two Medicine, in Glacier National Park, visitors have the opportunity to stop and visit Running Eagle Falls on Two Medicine River. It’s a very beautiful waterfall.

The waterfall was named for a great Blackfoot warrior woman and her name was Running Eagle (Pitamikan) of the Peigan tribe. It is said that she went to this sacred waterfall for her vision quest.  It is also said that when she was killed, leading a raid against the Flatheads near Sun River, she was brought home and laid to rest in a tree overlooking the falls.

Millions of photographs have no doubt been taken of the waterfall but I saw something else of equal beauty. I took this photograph of Two Medicine River just below the falls. I was captivated by the place and marveled at the colorful river rocks beneath the crystal clear running water. Such beauty is surely good medicine for the soul. Listen closely and you can hear the water flowing and just maybe you will hear the warrior spirit within.

I will be using this blog to introduce "new" images , along with stories and musings to go with them. I will also revisit some of my favorites. If you're interested you can subscribe by e-mail. There is a box top right for the purpose.  Not to worry, I never see the addresses nor know who has subscribed. I value your privacy as much as my own. Enjoy!


©Kinsey Barnard

No comments:

Post a Comment