Tuesday, December 3, 2013

GRAND CANYON



When winter arrives in Montana things come to a screeching halt. Spring through fall we scurry around like squirrels gathering our nuts. Yesterday winter storm Cleon passed by and dropped a half foot of snow. Now the temperatures are dropping like a rock. We will be in negative territory very soon. Outdoor activities are not high on my to do list unless it's plowing, shoveling and bringing in the fire wood. I have no choice when it comes to chores.

I don't know what other people do during the long dark Montana winters but I go mining. I dig for images that I might have missed the first time round. It occupies a great deal of time and is quite exciting when I make a discovery. It's also pleasant remembering the shoot. This year my prospecting is going to be kind of sad too. I lost my beloved Lakota Sunrise this year and until his passing he was with me every step of the way. I remember so clearly the two of us standing on the overlook at this canyon. I miss you boy.

As Cleon was doing her thing yesterday, I was warm and toasty toiling away in my image mine. Is Cleon a feminine name? I don't believe I've ever heard the name before.

I think my day's drilling paid off. I discovered the "GRAND CANYON".  This isn't "the" Grand Canyon it is Yellowstone's Grand Canyon. If you haven't seen it, I think this image dramatically captures it's stunning beauty. It may not be "the" Grand Canyon but it's one hell of a beautiful canyon.

I will be using this blog to introduce "new" images, along with stories and musings to go with them. If you're interested you can subscribe by e-mail. There is a box top right for the purpose.  Don't worry. I never see the addresses or even know who has subscribed.

©Kinsey Barnard

No comments:

Post a Comment