Saturday, December 21, 2013

WINTER GATHERING - A CHRISTMAS CARD



"WINTER GATHERING" is to me a Christmas card. Here at the ranch I feel as though I live in a Hallmark card, particularly in winter. This image is a perfect example.

It was just after a fresh fallen snow and I was slogging through my forest just looking to see what I could find. A forest is a living breathing thing and it is never the same from one day to the next. Even though you often can't see it, the forest is always in motion, always changing. My thrill is looking for the more subtle, often overlooked changes.

As I was pushing through the snow I looked up and the image you see is what I saw. Nothing subtle about this. It was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. A band of mule deer does and their babies, one in repose, the others standing watch. You can see they are aware of my presence but seem to sense I was no danger to them. They looked right at me and we connected in peace an harmony.

At moments such as this I am lucky to even get an image. The pure beauty and simplicity envelopes me in such exquisite emotion I am nearly powerless to do anything but absorb it. In this case I was able to get a hold of myself and take the photograph. I'm sure glad I did.

So, this is my Christmas card to my clients and friends, my extended family and anyone who may stumble upon on this site. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year.

To follow by e-mail use the box form top right. 

Kinsey Barnard

7 comments:

  1. You nailed THAT one! What a beautiful, peaceful scene! Merry Christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Thanks for the beautiful card,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Oh, heck, I spelled Christmas wrong and deleted the message but it didn't really remove it. Anyway, Ella, wishing you and Dorothy a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete